Form (Submit one form per Chapter)
- Convention Schedule
- Presentation Abstracts and Session Audio/Video
- Friday Field Trips
- Breaks Interstate Park - no limit - no charge
Breaks Interstate Park is only one of two interstate parks in the United States and is characterized by rugged and scenic rock formations, numerous caves, and the deepest canyon east of the Mississippi River. The 4,500 acre forested park is home to diverse flora and fauna. Be sure to bring your hiking shoes/boots and camera.
- Kelloggs Bakery - Limit 22 - no charge
The Kellogg’s Pikeville Plant is the site where Pop-Tarts, Go-Tarts, and Nutra-Grain products are made. It is one of three Pop-Tart plants in the country, and it is also innovation plant (where special or new flavors are made). You will get to see the whole operation from start to finish in this unique behind-the-scenes tour.
- Coal Mine tour - Limit 22 - no charge
Tour an eastern Kentucky coal mine operation. On this trip you will see current mining techniques for coal extraction, including mountaintop removal, contour mining, as well as coal processing.
- Jenny Wiley Elk Tour - Limit 22 - $10/person [Tour Info | KY Elk Info]
A van tour through land reclaimed following coal surface mining to visit the area where elk were first re-introduced in 1997 after their extirpation approximately 150 years ago. The reintroduction has been so successful that eastern Kentucky now has the largest wild, free-ranging elk population east of Montana. Be sure to bring your camera.
- T-Shirts for sale for $10.00
- Chapter Honor Award Information (bring typed copy)
- Founders Cup Award for Most Active Chapter (bring typed copy)
- Request for Grant Support to Attend National Meeting
- Mileage subsidy for attending chapters
- 1 - 5 members attending $0.40/ mile
- $0.40/mile additional for every additional
5 members attending (6 - 10, 11-15, 16 -20)
- Hotels & Lodging [Map]
- Flight Information (if you are arriving by air)
Charleston, WV Yeager Airport (CRW) 2 hrs 4 min. 80 mi NE
Huntington, WV Tri-State Airport (HTS) 1 hr. 46 min. 61 mi N
Blountville, TN Tri Cities Airport (TRI) 2 hrs 8 min. 70 mi S
Lexington, KY Bluegrass Airport (LEX) 2 hrs 36 min. 121 mi W
Pikeville hopes to get
two (three maybe) vans to come and pick up people from the airport, so
hopefully everyone flying will come to no more than two different airports.
We would like to be able to leave the airport(s) about 3:00 P.M. to travel back to Pikeville, so if you could get flights in before 3:00 P.M would be great.
- Directions and Maps for Pikeville College
View Larger Map